At Franklin Heights Church we believe the purpose of church-related weddings is not simply to provide a site and officiate for marriages— it’s to help establish Christian homes with Biblical values that both honor and serve our Lord Jesus Christ.
Wedding Policy and Information
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Matthew 19:5
Specific Requirements for being Married at Franklin Heights Church
- Both the bride and groom must individually confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. FHC does not marry unbelievers, nor do they join a believer to a non-believer in marriage.
- Franklin Heights Church requires either the bride or groom to be a member of the Franklin Heights fellowship. FHC does not host non-member weddings.
- FHC will not marry couples who are living together or those who are physically intimate. Couples involved in this manner must move apart and covenant to abstain from a sexual relationship until their wedding day.
- All couples are required to go through premarital counseling with their officiating pastor prior to the wedding.
- All couples must have been dating for a minimum of six months prior to the wedding date.
- Remarriages will not be performed for at least one year from the time the divorce is legally finalized.
- The wedding ceremony, either formal or informal, will be done in a worshipful manner. The pastor, working with the couple, will assist in accomplishing this.
- If a wedding planner or bridal consultant is used, he or she will work with the pastor on all aspects of the ceremony. They do not have authority to overrule a decision by the pastor.
- If an outside pastor will be used in part of the service, he must first be approved by the FHC pastoral staff.
Floral and Decorations:
- Appropriate measures must be taken to provide protection that keeps candle wax from dripping on the carpet and furniture.
- Sticky tape may not be used on the furniture, pews, or walls.
- The pulpit and the pastoral chairs are the only furniture items that may be moved from the platform area. All orchestra and music equipment must remain undisturbed.
- Decorations must be removed immediately following the wedding ceremony. Any trash generated at the event must be removed as well.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be served or consumed on church premises.
- There will be no smoking or use of tobacco products inside church facility.
- Birdseed or rice may not be used. Some use wedding bubbles upon the exit of the bride and groom.
- Dancing is not allowed in the church facility.
- The organ is not available to outside musicians unless first cleared through the music department.
- The sound system may only be used by the trained music staff of FHC who shall be paid for his/her time.
Fees may be required for the services of the Pianist, the Organist, custodial support and the Sound Technician. Please Note: While it is not mandatory, it is a generous and customary gesture to provide the officiating pastor with a monetary gift.
The Ministry Offices of Franklin Heights Church are located on the Rocky Mount Campus and may be accessed from the front parking lot.
Our mailing address is:
Franklin Heights Church
110 Hilltop Drive
Rocky Mount, VA 24151